background 1

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Who said this would be easy?

I was laid off July of this year.  Fortunately I have been able to leave early due to staff reduction.  The goal is to start my own business and this would give me time to get my act together.

Well if I have not learned anything in the past few weeks I have learned that everything is done in Gods time. I have always been blessed to be available to my family when there is a major crisis.  This has given me the ability to go to chemo treatments and sit with family during major surgery.   I know this is what I am suppose to be doing because it has all lined up for me to be there for them.  

As for my business I have have taken my time thinking about products and when and where I will set up and display for sells.  I want people to appreciate the time I put into deciding what I will make down to the pattern and color.  I will not work shows where the treat my craft with disrespect.  I wont negotiate my prices because I have a lot invested and they are one of a kind and not mass market.

My other focus is to work with the youth to teach them how to create with their hands and be proud of doing something creative.

I am busier now than when I had a 9 to 5..  Hopefully I will share some of my tips for craft fairs with my fellow crafters and discovering and living your dream job for others.  I hope you enjoy my blog.  I will try to build from weekly to daily on my post !!!

Join Me !!




No comments:

Post a Comment